/manager/Index ${session.getAttribute("locale")} 5 Stigma, discrimination and crystal methamphetamine (‘ice’): current attitudes in Australia /manager/Repository/uon:39797 Thu 23 Jun 2022 15:23:05 AEST ]]> Clustering of multiple risk behaviors among a sample of 18-year-old Australians and associations with mental health outcomes: a latent class analysis /manager/Repository/uon:32872 age = 18.88 years, SD = 0.42) completed an online self-report survey as part of the 5-year follow-up for the RCT. The survey assessed six behaviors (binge drinking and smoking in the past 6 months, moderate-to-vigorous physical activity/week, sitting time/day, fruit and vegetable intake/day, and sleep duration/night). Each behavior was represented by a dichotomous variable reflecting adherence to national guidelines. Exploratory analyses were conducted. Clusters were identified using latent class analysis. Results: Three classes emerged: "moderate risk" (moderately likely to binge drink and not eat enough fruit, high probability of insufficient vegetable intake; Class 1, 52%); "inactive, non-smokers" (high probabilities of not meeting guidelines for physical activity, sitting time and fruit/vegetable consumption, very low probability of smoking; Class 2, 24%), and "smokers and binge drinkers" (high rates of smoking and binge drinking, poor fruit/vegetable intake; Class 3, 24%). There were significant differences between the classes in terms of psychological distress (p = 0.003), depression (p < 0.001), and anxiety (p = 0.003). Specifically, Class 3 ("smokers and binge drinkers") showed higher levels of distress, depression, and anxiety than Class 1 ("moderate risk"), while Class 2 ("inactive, non-smokers") had greater depression than the "moderate risk" group. Discussion: Results indicate that risk behaviors are prevalent and clustered in 18-year old Australians. Mental health symptoms were significantly greater among the two classes that were characterized by high probabilities of engaging in multiple risk behaviors (Classes 2 and 3). An examination of the clustering of lifestyle risk behaviors is important to guide the development of preventive interventions. Our findings reinforce the importance of delivering multiple health interventions to reduce disease risk and improve mental well-being.]]> Thu 14 Apr 2022 10:58:55 AEST ]]>