- Outline of the design of a cascaded H-bridge medium voltage STATCOM
- Betz, R. E.; Cook, B. J.; Summers, T. J.; Fisher, R.; Bastiani, A.; Shao, S.; Stepien, P.; Willis, K.
- 13th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2008. Proceedings of the 13th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2008 (Poznan, Poland 1-3 September, 2008) p. 1293-1300
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- The University of Newcastle and its joint venture company, ResTech Pty Ltd, are developing a cascaded H-bridge based multilevel STATCOM. This tutorial paper outlines the salient design issues for this system. The issues covered in the paper include the choice of the converter topology, the structure of the control system hardware, the software structure and methodology, some details on the control algorithm, and the rationale behind the design decisions.
- multilevel converters; power quality; SVC Static Var Compensator; Static Synchronous Compensator (STATCOM)
- Copyright © 2008 IEEE. Reprinted from the Proceedings of the 13th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text
- Hits: 1212
- Visitors: 1884
- Downloads: 310
|View Details Download||ATTACHMENT01||Publisher version (open access)||593 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|