- The critical interventions framework part 2: equity initiatives in Australian higher education: a review of evidence of impact
- Bennett, Anna; Naylor, Ryan; Mellor, Kate; Brett, Matt; Gore, Jenny; Harvey, Andrew; James, Richard; Munn, Belinda; Smith, Max; Whitty, Geoff
- University of Newcastle
- Resource Type
- This report provides an overview of the equity initiatives in Australian higher education that have demonstrated their effectiveness through published impact studies or through participation in our national survey. The report also presents two important resources for program providers and policy makers to enhance the provision and evaluation of equity programs: a supplement of featured initiatives per stage of the student life-cycle; and a framework that provides a summary of the detail about equity program and evaluation types for general reference. Many different types of programs demonstrate effectiveness within the various stages of the student life-cycle. There is no one specific, most effective program per stage, although there are common, underlying factors that contribute to impact. Throughout the following sections of the report, these key features and strengths are identified. An important recurring theme from this study is the interdependence of features that make an initiative effective. Singling out unitary aspects as if they work alone is not possible, as the evidence shows that a more holistic and multifaceted approach is required within any one program.
- higher education; equity programs; equity; students; student life-cycle; Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- With the exception of the University logos, any material protected by a trademark and where otherwise noted, all material presented in this document is provided under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/) licence. The details of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website (accessible using the links provided) as is the full legal code for the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/legalcode).
- Full Text
- Hits: 8290
- Visitors: 9288
- Downloads: 886
|View Details Download||ATTACHMENT02||Publisher version (open access)||3 MB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|
|View Details Download||ATTACHMENT03||Featured Initiatives||1 MB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|
|View Details Download||ATTACHMENT04||Framework||226 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|