Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/926563
- Closed ideal structure and cohomological properties of certain radical Banach algebras
Read, C. J.;
Willis, G. A.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Science & Information Technology, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- We further the study of a class of singly generated radical Banach algebras (sometimes called LRRW (Loy, Read, Runde and Willis) algebras after the four authors involved in the original paper) that have compact multiplication and are weakly amenable. First, we characterize the closed ideal structure of these algebras. The closed ideals of an LRRW algebra are identified, and the lattice of closed ideals is shown to be isomorphic to the unit interval. Then we show that LRRW algebras are not approximately amenable and have global homological dimension greater than 1. Furthermore, epimorphisms onto these algebras and derivations from them are continuous.
- Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society Vol. 100, Issue 2, p. 533-559
- Publisher Link
- London Mathematical Society
- Resource Type
- journal article