|Publisher version (open access)||708 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/918986
- Feed-forward compensation for multilevel cascaded H-bridge StatComs
Betz, R. E.;
Summers, T. J.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Multilevel Static Compensators (StatComs) offer significant advantages over traditional two level converter based StatComs. The cascaded H-bridge topology for multilevel StatComs is increasing becoming the topology of choice. This paper will address the problem of compensating for the non-ideal nature of the H-bridges so that accurate current control can be achieved with this topology using a predictive current controller.
- 13th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, 2009 (EPE '09). Proceedings of the 13th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications 2009 (Barcelona, Spain 8-10 September, 2009)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
pulse width modulation;
static synchronous compensators;
cascaded H-bridge topology
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Reprinted from the Proceedings of the 13th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications 2009. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text