|Publisher version (open access)||706 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/918908
- Managing enterprise authentication and authorization permissions in digital ecosystem
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Science & Information Technology, School of Design, Communication and Information Technology
- Intense interactions between resource providers and resource consumers in collaborating and sharing their resources frequently occur in an open and dynamic Digital Ecosystem environment. Such interactions contribute to several challenges in cyber security, particularly in protecting enterprise resources from various malicious attacks. The main challenge that occurs in protecting these resources is the ability to manage multiple unique authorization permissions over the enterprise resources. Unfortunately, the inadequacies of the current security mechanisms in addressing these challenges result in a slower implementation of a potentially highly beneficial Digital Ecosystem environment. Therefore, this paper proposes a distributed mechanism for individual enterprisepsila to manage its own authorization process and resource access permissions, with the aim of providing rigorous protection of the enterprise resources in question.
- 3rd IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (IEEE-DEST 2009). IEEE-DEST 2009: Third IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (Istanbul, Turkey 31 May - 3 June, 2009) p. 279-284
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
distributed resource protection
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE-DEST 2009: Third IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.