Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/918767
- A simple bumpless transfer mechanism with application to multi-effect evaporators
Burke, B. J.;
Rojas, A. J.;
Welsh, J. S.;
Adams, G. J.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- In many applications one needs to switch between control laws. This requires some form of bumpless transfer. Here we propose a simple bumpless mechanism for possible implementation on a set of Multi-Effect Evaporators in a Sugar Mill located in Queensland, Australia. The ultimate goal of this study is to allow on-the-fly testing of different controller designs and exchanging of control authority to achieve increased performance.
- 7th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA 2009). ICCA 2009: Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation, (Christchurch, New Zealand 9-11 December, 2009) p. 575-580
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
control system synthesis;
bumpless transfer mechanism;
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Reprinted from the ICCA 2009: Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text