|Publisher version (open access)||992 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/918684
- Active filtering and VAR control of a cascaded H-bridge multi-level StatCom
Betz, R. E.;
Summers, T. J.;
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- This paper investigates the control of a multi-level cascaded H-bridge STATCOM when used as a simultaneous active filter and VAR compensator. The control algorithms developed borrow heavily from control strategies used in variable speed drives, and use predictive current control and symmetrical PWM. A novel phase locked loop approach for the extraction of the harmonics and generation of the forward prediction of the harmonic reference currents is developed. Simulation results in this abstract are presented. The final paper will present experimental results as well.
- 8th International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS 2009). 2009 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, PEDS 2009 (Taipei, Taiwan 2-5 November, 2009) p. 816-821
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Reprinted from the 2009 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, PEDS 2009. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text