Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/918140
- Healthcare delivery systems
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- The healthcare system is comprised of a wide range of institutions and agencies, policies shaping strategic direction and health care delivery, regulatory frameworks, funders and providers, the health workforce and the consumers-patients, clients, families and caregivers. This chapter provides a brief overview of the Australian and New Zealand health systems and describes the varied healthcare settings and services where nurses and midwives work. Health workforce roles are also discussed along with frameworks for care delivery, funding aspects, current trends and issues affecting the healthcare system and health care reform.
- Australian and New Zealand ed.
- Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery: A Person-Centred Approach to Care p. 56-75
- Wolters Kluwer / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
health care delivery;
health care reform
- Resource Type
- book chapter