Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/917608
- Regional integration and intra-industry trade in manufactures between Thailand and other APEC countries
Agbola, Frank W.;
Lee, Julie E.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Business & Law, Newcastle Business School
- This article investigates the impact of regional integration on intra-industry trade in manufactures between Thailand and other APEC countries. The study uses pooled cross-sectional and time-series data spanning the period 1980–1999 at a 3-digit Standard International Trade Classification (SITC) level. After accounting for trade imbalance and following Thailand's entry into APEC, intra-industry trade in manufactures between Thailand and countries in Oceania and America decreased, while trade with other Asian countries grew marginally. Results indicate that, in the post APEC era, trade openness stimulated increased intra-industry trade levels with countries in Northeast and Southeast Asia, but decreased trade with countries in America.
- Singapore Economic Review Vol. 54, Issue 1, p. 135-148
- Publisher Link
- World Scientific Publishing
- Resource Type
- journal article