Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/917358
- Warray plants and animals: Aboriginal flora and fauna knowledge from the upper Adelaide and upper Finniss Rivers, northern Australia
White, Doris Lidawi;
O'Brien, Elsie Ajibak;
Fejo, Dolly Mabul;
Yates, Roger Wurdirdi;
Goodman, Ada Ajibak;
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Education & Arts, School of Humanities and Social Science
- The results of a study of Warray plant and animal knowledge conducted by traditional owners with linguistic and biological support are presented. Warray names and uses of plants and animals, scientific names and common English names for 126 plants and 246 animals are included. Introductory chapters outline Warray terms for seasons, terms for implements and habitat terms. Warray biological knowledge is categorised and discussed in later chapters. Indexes of animal common names, plant common names and Warray plant and animal names are provided; 66 plants and 113 animals are illustrated.
- Northern Territory Botanical Bulletin 33
- Department of Natural Resources, Environment, the Arts and Sport / Diwurruwurru-jaru Aboriginal Corporation
Warray (Australian people);
Adelaide river region, N.T.;
Finniss river region, N.T.
- Resource Type