Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/917174
- Advanced practice: profession-led and patient-focused (editorial)
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Health, University Department of Rural Health
- There are interesting and challenging times ahead. The impetus for changing the way that health professionals work has never been stronger. While the demand for services is growing at an increasing rate, the cost of healthcare is growing even faster. No matter which political party is in government, Australia cannot afford to ignore the fact that the current healthcare system is wasteful of both financial and human resources. Change must happen, and it will be stimulated, if not enacted by government. The challenge is for the medical radiation professions to lead and manage that change, placing the interests of the patient population ahead of issues of professional status, prestige and power.
- The Radiographer Vol. 56, Issue 3, p. 4-5
- Australian Institute of Radiography
- Resource Type
- journal article