Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/916234
- A quantitative study of PCBM diffusion during annealing of P3HT: PCBM blend films
Belcher, Warwick J.;
Dastoor, Paul C.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Science & Information Technology, School of Environmental and Life Sciences
- Scanning transmission X-ray microscopy has been used to quantitatively map the composition of P3HT:PCBM blend films in the vicinity of PCBM crystals formed during annealing at 140°C. The observed PCBM concentration profiles around these crystals have been fitted to Fick’s second law of diffusion and the diffusion constant found to be 2.5 x 10⁻¹⁴ m² s⁻¹. The PCBM concentration at the crystal boundary was found to be 19% (v/v) and is interpreted, together with the annealing temperature of 140°C, as a point on the bimodal line of the composition-temperature phase diagram. The diffusion ofPCBM through P3HT is observed to be bulk-dominated, in contrast to the surface/interface-dominated diffusion observed in MDMO-PPV:PCBM blend films by Yang et al.
- Macromolecules Vol. 42, Issue 21, p. 8392-8397
- Publisher Link
- American Chemical Society
polymer solar cells;
- Resource Type
- journal article