|Publisher version (open access)||168 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/807824
- Design of serially concatenated continuous phase modulation with symbol-wise interleaving
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- In this letter we consider serially concatenated continuous phase modulation (SCCPM) schemes with symbolwise interleaving and an additional intra-symbol interleaving. We use extrinsic information transfer (EXIT) chart to optimize the outer code and intra-symbol interleaver. We show that, for various continuous phase modulation (CPM) parameters, the outer code with memory 2 may not always be the best choice. For CPM with modulation index ℎ = 1/2, considerable improvements can be achieved by moderately increasing the outer code memory.
- IEEE Communications Letters Vol. 13, Issue 10, p. 785-787
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
continuous phase modulation;
serially concatenated CPM;
symbol wise interleaving;
- Resource Type
- journal article
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE Communications Letters. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text