|Publisher version (open access)||187 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/802749
- An iterative method for approximating LTI systems using subbands
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- A linear system can be approximated in the time-frequency domain by the composition of an analysis filterbank, a transfer matrix (subband model) and a synthesis filterbank, a method known as subband technique. In this paper we propose an iterative method to jointly optimize the subband model, analysis and synthesis filterbanks. To this end we propose a minimization criterion which we solve using the so-called alternating least-squares method. As a possible application we consider the implementation of the so-called head related transfer functions which are used in virtual acoustics. Simulation results suggest that the subband technique, optimized using the proposed method proposed method, is a promising approach.
- 2008 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (Las Vegas, NV 31 March - 4 April, 2008) p. 3533-3536
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
head-related transfer functions
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2008 IEEE. Reprinted from the Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text