Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/43571
- The Peoples-uni: public health education for all (editorial)
Heller, Richard F.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Health, School of Medicine and Public Health
- The multiple health problems faced by low-income countries require urgent solutions. One solution, as articulated in the United Nations Millennium Development Goals, is to increase the health workforce. An editorial (and accompanying articles) in the Lancet highlighted the need for global health capacity building, and the first Global Forum on Human Resources for Health (in March 2008) produced the Kampala Declaration, which urged “. . . immediate action to resolve the accelerating crisis in the global health workforce . . .”. Part of this solution will involve boosting in-country public health capacity, and an educational initiative to do this was launched recently — the People’s Open Access Education Initiative, better known as the Peoples-uni (http://peoples-uni.org).
- Medical Journal of Australia Vol. 189, Issue 4, p. 189-190
- Australasian Medical Publishing Company
- Resource Type
- journal article