Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/43462
- A generalised Emerson recurrence relation
Rayner, J. C. W.;
De Boeck , B.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Science & Information Technology, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- The Emerson (1968, Biometrics 24, 695–701) recurrence relation has many important applications in statistics. However, the original derivation applied only to discrete distributions. In the following, a simple derivation is given that generalizes the Emerson recurrence relation to any distribution for which the necessary expectations exist. A modern application is outlined.
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics Vol. 50, Issue 3, p. 235-240
- Publisher Link
- Blackwell Publishing Asia
spherical Legendre polynomials
- Resource Type
- journal article