Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/39583
- Experimental and kinetic studies of gas-phase pyrolysis of n-C₄F₁₀
Kennedy, Eric M.;
Mackie, John C.;
Dlugogorski, Bogdan Z.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Engineering
- The gas-phase pyrolysis of n-C₄F₁₀ has been studied experimentally in a plug flow, isothermal α-alumina reactor at atmospheric pressure and various residence times over the temperature range of 873 to 1148 K. The major products are C₂F₆, C₂F₄, C₃F₈, and C₃F₆ (CF₃-CF=CF₂). Minor products include cycio-C₄F₈ (c-C₄F₈) and CO₂. CF₄ is detected in trace amounts at high temperatures. A kinetic reaction scheme involving 20 species and 30 reactions is developed and used to model n-C₄F₁₀ pyrolysis. A generally satisfactory agreement between experimental and modeling results is obtained on the conversion levels of n-C₄F₁₀ and the rates of formation of C₂F₆ and C₃F₈.
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research Vol. 47, Issue 8, p. 2579-2584
- Publisher Link
- American Chemical Society
- Resource Type
- journal article