Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/35543
- RAPID: Recording Academic, Professional and Individual Development electronically
- The University of Newcastle. Engineering & Built Environment, School of Architecture and Built Environment
- This paper details the successful implementation of RAPID (Recording Academic, Professional and Individual Development Progress File), a Personal Development Planning (PDP) tool, in a range of Higher Education Institutions, both in the United Kingdom and Australia. It comments upon the leaming experiences of students engaged in these implementations, and reports upon the development of new versions. In addition, the authors address the role of Professional Institutions in the UK in progressing these processes and in sustaining the benefits derived. RAPID offers a means of auditing and recording students' skills. It also enabies students to engage in a process of planning the development of skill competence and acquisition and to reflect upon the strategies adopted and the outcomes achieved. RAPID assists staff to develop curricula that more effectively meet the needs of industry, as expressed through the competence programmes of various Professional Institutions. In addition, RAPID has proved to be an effective means for directing and assessing work-based leaming. This paper explores the issues arising from both the development and the implementation of RAPID.
- CIB W99 Working Commission: 4th Triennial International Conference . Rethinking and Revitalizing Construction Safety, Health, Environment and Quality: CIB W99 Working Commission (Port Elizabeth, South Africa 17-20 May, 2005) p. 113-122
- Construction Research Education and Training Enterprises
- Resource Type
- conference paper