Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/33324
- Channel structures in a simple inorganic salt: an open framework formed through structural integration of distinct sodium acetate and sodium perchlorate domains
Lawrance, Geoffrey A.;
Alcock, Nathaniel W.;
Hannon, Michael J.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Science & Information Technology, School of Environmental and Life Science
- The novel mixed salt of sodium acetate and perchlorate reported herein, Na₄(OAc)₃(ClO₄), has a distinctive lattice structure formed from sodium acetate planes linked together by sodium perchlorate cylinders. In total contrast to the component salts, the structure contains channels parallel to the c axis. The integration of the two molecular-level structural motifs of the two component salts thus leads to a supramolecular/macromolecular-level structure which is very different from those of the components. A template mechanism is implicated in the formation.
- European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry Vol. 2004, Issue 20, p. 3981-3983
- Publisher Link
- Wiley - VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Resource Type
- journal article