The recent decline and extinction of amphibian species is a worldwide phenomenon without an identified cause or solution. Assisted reproductive technologies, including sperm cryopreservation, are required to manage endangered amphibian species and preserve their genetic diversity. This study on the Anuran amphibian (Bufo marinus) was undertaken to determine the feasibility of cryopreservation of amphibian sperm. Sperm suspensions for cryopreservation were prepared by macerating testes in cryoprotective additives of 10% (w/v) sucrose or 10% (w/v) sucrose containing either 10, 15, or 20% (v/v) glycerol or 10, 15, or 20% (v/v) dimethyl sulfoxide (Me₂SO). Suspensions were then cooled to −85°C using a controlled rate cooler, stored in LN₂, and thawed in air. The motility and fertilization rate of cryopreserved suspensions and unfrozen control suspensions in Simplified Amphibian Ringer were compared. Sucrose alone had no cryoprotective effect. All other treatments showed varying degrees of recovery of motility and fertilizing capacity. High rates of recovery of motility and fertilizing capacity were observed with 15% Me₂SO (68.9 ± 3.8 and 60.5 ± 4.7%) and 20% glycerol (58.0 ± 5.9 and 81.4 ± 4.3%), respectively. Motility and fertilization rates were similar with Me₂SO but diverged with glycerol as cryoprotectant. The data demonstrate the feasibility of using sperm cryopreservation with amphibian species.