|Publisher version (open access)||256 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/31026
- High-rate LDPC codes from unital designs
Johnson, S. J.;
Weller, S. R.
- The paper presents a construction of very high-rate low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes based on incidence matrices of unital designs. Like the projective geometry and oval designs, unital designs exist with incidence matrices which are significantly rank deficient. Thus high-rate LDPC codes with a large number of linearly dependent parity-check equations can be constructed. The LDPC codes from unitals have Tanner graphs free of 4-cycles and perform well with iterative decoding, offering new LDPC codes at rates and lengths not available with existing algebraic LDPC codes.
- IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 2003 (GLOBECOM '03). Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 2003 (GLOBECOM '03). Volume 4 (San Francisco, CA 1-5 December, 2003) p. 2036-2040
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes;
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2003 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference 2003 (GLOBECOM '03), Vol. 4, p. 2036-2040. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to email@example.com. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text