|Publisher version (open access)||432 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/30871
- Fixed points of EXIT charts
Kellett, Christopher M.;
Weller, Steven R.
- Extrinsic Information Transfer (or EXIT) charts have provided a useful tool for analysing the convergence of iterative decoders. In this work, we abstract the EXIT chart as a feedback interconnection of two one-dimensional dynamical systems. For such feedback interconnections, we characterise the local stability properties of fixed points and demonstrate the existence of period two orbits and discuss their stability properties. Finally, we give a graphical procedure for finding the region of attraction for asymptotically stable fixed points or period two orbits.
- 7th Australian Communications Theory Workshop, 2006 . Proceedings of the 7th Australian Communications Theory Workshop, 2006 (Perth, W.A. 1-3 February, 2006) p. 137-142
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Reprinted from Proceedings of the 7th Australian Communications Theory Workshop, 2006, p. 137-142. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to email@example.com. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text