|Publisher version (open access)||686 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/29727
- An LMI Approach to sub-optimal guaranteed cost control for uncertain time-delay systems
Esfahani, S. H.;
Moheimani, S. O. Reza;
Petersen, I. R.
- Results on the design of robust memoryless state feedback controllers for uncertain time-delay systems with norm bounded uncertainty are presented. It is proved that the feasibility of a linear matrix inequality (LMI) problem is necessary and sufficient for the quadratic stabilisation of an uncertain time-delay system. A robust state feedback controller can be constructed using the corresponding feasible solution of the LMI problem. A procedure is given to select a suitable state feedback controller that is also suboptimal in the sense of minimising a bound on a quadratic performance index.
- IEE Proceedings - Control Theory and Applications Vol. 145, Issue 6, p. 491-498
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
uncertain time delay-systems;
- Resource Type
- journal article
- Copyright © 1999 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 145, Issue 6, p. 491-498. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text