|Publisher version (open access)||470 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/29662
- Dynamics, stability and control of multivariable piezoelectric shunts
Moheimani, S. O. Reza;
Fleming, Andrew J.;
- This paper is concerned with the dynamics and stability of piezoelectric laminate structures, where several piezoelectric elements are shunted by a multiinput impedance. The problem is shown to be equivalent to a multivariable feedback control problem for a square plant. A parameterization of stabilizing admittance transfer function matrices is given together with a specific class of controllers capable of reducing structural vibrations and guaranteeing closed-loop stability. An efficient method for implementation of a multiport admittance transfer function is introduced and applied experimentally to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed methodology.
- IEEE ASME Transactions on Mechatronics Vol. 9, Issue 1, p. 87-99
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Resource Type
- journal article
- Copyright © 2004 IEEE. Reprinted from Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 87-99. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to email@example.com. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text