Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/28608
- Evaluation and comparison of robust optimal experiment design criteria
Welsh, James S.;
Goodwin, Graham C.;
- This paper further develops a new approach to optimal experiment design for dynamical systems by introducing and comparing different robust optimal experiment design criteria. Until recently, solutions to the optimal experiment design problem were paradoxical in so far that the optimal experiment depended on the system parameters, i.e. the optimal experiment depended on the very thing that the experiment was aimed at finding. In a recent paper, we proposed an alternative approach, robust in nature, to the experiment design problem which, inter-alia, allowed for the possibility that the true parameters lay in a convex set. Here we further explore this robust solution. In particular, we examine the role played by different design criteria.
- 2006 American Control Conference. Proceedings of the 2006 American Control Conference (Minneapolis, Minnesota 14-16 June, 2006 ) p. 1659-1664
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
robust optimal experiment design criteria;
nonlinear dynamical systems;
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Reprinted from the American Control Conference 2006, p. 1659-1664. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to email@example.com. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text