|Publisher version (open access)||379 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/27613
- Resolvable 2-designs for regular low-density parity-check codes
Johnson, Sarah J.;
Weller, Steven R.
- This paper extends the class of low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes that can be algebraically constructed. We present regular LDPC codes based on resolvable Steiner 2-designs which have Tanner graphs free of four-cycles. The resulting codes are (3, ρ)-regular or (4, ρ)-regular for any value of ρ and for a flexible choice of code lengths.
- IEEE Transactions on Communications Vol. 51, Issue 9, p. 1413-1419
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
low-density parity-check codes;
resolvable Steiner 2-designs
- Resource Type
- journal article
- Copyright © 2003 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 51, Issue 9, p. 1413-1419. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to email@example.com. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text