|Author final version||507 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/934595
- Natural oscillation control of prototype mechanical rectifiers
Islam, Md Nurul;
- For a typical biologically inspired multi-segmental mechanical system, the system's locomotion behavior is rectified from the segments' rhythmic oscillation. A central pattern generator (CPG)-based controller was developed to achieve the locomotion with a certain sense of natural oscillation. We designed and manufactured a prototype mechanical rectifier (PMR) system which captures the essential mechanism of multi-segmental systems. Experiments were conducted on the PMR system to reveal the effectiveness of the natural oscillation entrainment controller.
- IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Vol. 20, Issue 6, p. 1559-1566
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
central pattern generator (CPG);
- Resource Type
- journal article
- © 2012 IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. Permission from IEEE must be obtained for all other uses, in any current or future media, including reprinting/republishing this material for advertising or promotional purposes, creating new collective works, for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or reuse of any copyrighted component of this work in other works.