|Publisher version (open access)||1 MB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/933362
- A dynamic dynamometer for testing of mining DC motors
Betz, R. E.;
Summers, T. J.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- This paper describes the development of a 2.2 MW DC electric machine based dynamometer for the cyclic testing of motors used in mining applications. The dynamometer, through the application of sophisticated control, is able to simulate the real dynamic digging conditions of an electric rope shovel. The paper will discuss the facility and the control algorithms to implement the dynamic dynamometer. Simulation results will be presented.
- 2010 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting. Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting (Houston, TX 3-7 October, 2010)
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2010 IEEE. Reprinted from the 2010 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting (IAS). This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text