Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/932881
- Lattice Monte Carlo analyses of thermal diffusion in laminar flow
Belova, Irina V.;
Murch, Graeme E.
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Engineering
- Lattice Monte Carlo methods are an excellent choice for the simulation of non-linear thermal diffusion problems. In this paper, and for the first time, Lattice Monte Carlo analysis is performed on thermal diffusion combined with convective heat transfer. Laminar flow of water modeled as an incompressible fluid inside a copper pipe with a constant surface temperature is considered. For the simulation of thermal conduction, the temperature dependence of the thermal conductivity of the water is accounted for. Using the novel Lattice Monte Carlo approach, temperature distributions and energy fluxes are obtained.
- Proceedings of the World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 63, p. 306-310
- World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET)
Monte Carlo methods;
thermal diffusion in liquids
- Resource Type
- journal article