|Publisher version (open access)||618 KB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/932108
- Finite control set MPC of an AFE rectifier with dynamic references
Quevedo, Daniel E.;
Perez, Marcelo A.;
- The University of Newcastle. Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- We present a model predictive controller for closed loop control of an active front-end rectifier. Our method operates in discrete-time and does not require additional modulators or external control loops. The key novelty of the control algorithm presented lies in the way dynamic references are handled. Simulation studies illustrate that fast and accurate tracking of dynamic dc-voltage and reactive power references can be achieved, while respecting restrictions on maximum power levels of the rectifier.
- 2010 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT 2010). Proceedings, ICIT 2010: IEEE-ICIT 2010 International Conference on Industrial Technology (Vina Del Mar, Chile 14-17 March, 2010) p. 1265-1270
- Publisher Link
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
closed loop systems;
reactive power control;
- Resource Type
- conference paper
- Copyright © 2010 IEEE. Reprinted from Proceedings, ICIT 2010: IEEE-ICIT 2010 International Conference on Industrial Technology. This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of University of Newcastle's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- Full Text